Participants are responsible for adhering to the rules of the Catawba Scavenger Hunt and your entery means you have accepted these regulations without exceptions on behalf of all participants if you are a team leader.
* There is no age limit. Those who can be pushed, pulled, carried, or held are welcome to participate along with their guardians!
* Prior to the start, all participants must register at Catawba Meadows Park at Picnic Shelter #2. You do that by presenting your name and/or team leaders name to the registrant.
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED IN THE ENTRY FEE
* Cotton bag with original screen print designed by TOSS
* Exclusive print and stickers
* Water located in each installation site
* Toilet facilities at Catawba Meadows Park, Catawba River Soccer Complex, and on the Board Walk
* The potential of winning one of five raffle prizes
* A bracelet that Hunters will be issued with and must wear in the competition to gain raffle tickets
* Lunch which will include locally sourced meats and veggies, beverages, and dessert.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE ENTRY FEE
T Shirts are not included in the entry fee. You may purchase when you register. Extra food and hunter’s packs are available for purchase online during registration but not the day of the event.
All participants must sign the registration form to give their acceptance of the general terms and conditions of the hunt. Registration is not possible unless the signature is presented.
The entry fee should be paid online with VISA, MasterCard or American Express credit cards through the registration link on our website. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problem with the registration.
CANCELLING AND REFUND
* You can get a part of your entry fee refunded if you contact us before the below-listed dates:
- Before June 1st - you get 75% refund
- Before July 1st - you get 50% refund
* If you want to request a refund you will need to send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will need your full name and address to confirm that you are not taking part.
* Those participants that cancel their registration will not be able to get the hunt swag. All requests that come after July 1st will not be taken into consideration.
* We encourage everyone that decides later on not to take part to let us know.
2. THE CATAWBA SCAVENGER HUNT TAKES PLACE IN A PROTECTED AREA
* There is a strict prohibition against throwing any kind of litter or any type of waste along the way. We kindly ask participants to put their trash in bins at Catawba Meadows Park, Catawba River Soccer Complex, or on the Board Walk.
3. RULES PERTAINING TO THE SAFETY OF PARTICIPANTS
* By signing your registration form, individuals and team leaders declare that they and their teams are physically and mentally fit to compete in the Catawba Scavenger Hunt which will traverse 4.4+ miles.
* Please be aware that you assume risks when registering such as falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the Greenway which will include mixed terrain around the installation sites including forest, field, and river.
5. RACE RULES
* It is the responsibility of each participant to enjoy this experience with others who have registered. Help support art advocacy through this fundraising effort!
* Each participant must be considerate to other hunters.
* Bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades are allowed in the race.
* Animals who remain leashed and in hand for the duration of the event are allowed.
* Personal music players are not allowed.
* Participants may assist each other as necessary to ensure their own safety and that of others.
* For security reasons, all participants must respect the time limits. Our event conclude at 1pm. We will be breaking the installations down after the event.
* Those who have completed the hunt may not re-enter the course to join other participants who are still hunting.
* The organizers may disqualify anyone who does not comply with the rules.
7. RIGHTS OF THE ORGANIZERS
* The organizers are not responsible for any outside influence on the hunters. This applies to meteorological conditions, natural disasters, the passage of persons and vehicles and any other unexpected event liable to affect the participants.
* The organizers may disqualify and stop any participant not wearing the appropriate clothing or otherwise insufficiently equipped for the conditions.
* The organizers may disqualify any participant causing danger to himself/herself and/or other people.
* The organizers are not responsible for any illness or injury suffered by the participants when traveling to or from the race or during the race. Participants are encouraged to seek the assistance of race staff in the event of an accident or illness.
* Participants always act on their own responsibility, even when receiving the assistance of race staff.
* The organizers, TOSS and Overmountain Cycles, reserve the right to cancel the race at short notice for reasons relating to weather or other unforeseeable conditions that may present danger for the participants and the hunt staff.
* Participants who consider that their rights have been infringed may lodge a complaint with the organizers.
* Any complaint must be received in writing by the person responsible for the hunt within 24 hours of the event.
* Complaints are dealt with on the spot by a committee of three persons, after consulting with everyone involved.
I know that participating in or volunteering for the Catawba Scavenger Hunt is potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and by my signature in the registration form, I certify that I and my team are medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, able to run/walk/bike along 4.4+ miles along the Greenway. I agree to abide by any decision of a Hunt official relative to any aspect of my (or my teams) participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the Hunt and agree to abide by them. I assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but no limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the Greenway, mixed terrain around the installation sites including forest, field, and river.
Having read this waiver and knowing these facts, I, for myself and everyone in my team, waive and release the Catawba Scavenger Hunt, the city of Morganton, TOSS, all event sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my (and my teams) photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose. I understand that this event does not provide for refunds in the event of a cancellation, and by signing the registration form, I consent that I am not entitled to a refund if the event is cancelled before or during the event.